Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Simple things

The stash busting has become so much fun. I have been making a big hole in my cotton, cotton blend and linen yarn collection. The count thus far is four facecloths and two (plus a few rows!!) dishcloths. Having great fun with the small size, the bright colours and no need for concentrating. Quite soothing really. I think that this little phase will take some time to pass. Its ever so nice to be able to start and finish a project (or two) in one day.

Cotton stash-busting face cloths

I have been using two strands, one of candy coloured cotton and the other a soft, undyed, fluffy cotton. The cream cotton added so much softness and texture, as well as toning down the candy colours somewhat.
Some of these are to be gifted, some already have and some may just stay with me I think







Oh garter stitch, how I love thee! What is it with this simple wiggly little stitch? I can't get enough of it. It is so soft and has such a nice smushy feeling...plus its so darn fast.
Some 80% merino wool and 20% possum yarn have found there way into my stash lately (prior to the stash-busting commmenced of course). It is so soft and such a pleasure to knit with. Love it. It is 8ply 'Possum Wool' from Shepard. Just perfect for a scarf........or three. Hehe one for Ma Fox (on the needles now), on for Sister Fox and one for me. Two rows of cream and then a pop of colour for two rows, all garter stitch and knitted on no.9 needles.

Scarf starting to form
I thought I would include a photo of the log cabin knitted blanket so that you can see the whole finished project. Excuse the heavy cropping (wasnt sure if my mates wanted to be internet stars just yet!) and the extremely cheesy grin on my face. Having lots of fun catching up with friends at that baby shower.
Happy Fox and her log cabin blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment