Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stash-busting continues...

Stash-busting dishcloths
So the stash busting continues....the stash is shrinking ever so slowly and the pile of dishcloths is growing! The plans for new stash additions is growing too! Have probably made enough dishcloths for now I think...for about ten years!. The scarf I started for Ma. Fox is in the post, heading its way down south. When she gets the parcel I will put up the photos. So snuggly, was rather tempted to 'forget' to post it for a week so I could enjoy it (Just kidding)

As an early birthday present Mr. Fox ordered a set of circular needles for me....I am in LOVE! oh knitting is such bliss with these needles. Goodbye achy arms. What a joy it is to have the weight of the garment in my lap rather than on the needles. I got the 'Knit Pro Nova Metal Interchangeable Needles - Deluxe Set ' and I think they are marvellous. Smooth and light needles, the stitches just seem to fly off the needles. Would recommend 'The Yarn Queen' website for great service and super quick postage. What a great Mr. Fox I have...I do rather fancy him too.

I have started a shawl with some gorgeous rainbow yarn Ma. Fox had generously added to my stash, so inspired by blog 'Crochet with Raymond' and her bold use of colour I cast on a shawl. I chose a simple pattern in order to get used to my new needles. The 'Insignia Shawl' from the Knitscene Summer 2011 issue.



My gorgeous new circular needles and the beginnings of a rainbow shawl.
 
So far I can't stop knitting whenever I have a minute. Love that the colours are so different when knitted compared to the lovely ball of yarn. It's like watching a magic trick. The yarn is from 'BJ's Colourways & Collectibles' in Invercargill, Southland, NZ.  I can't find a website for this business but have found the contact details here. The yarn is lovely to knit with and the colours are amazing. Can't wait to wrap my self in a rainbow. Will be definately adding some more of these yarns to my stash one day soon.

Don't you want to dive into those colours!
I hope that everyone reading is snug and warm. Be back soon, I'm off to my shawl and the heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment